What is it?
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is a technology used in hair removal and photo-rejuvenation. IPL is performed through a hand piece which delivers an ‘intense’, visible, broad spectrum pulsed light. The IPL machine uses heat and light to target specific structures and chromophores (whether it is melanin in hair or oxyhemoglobin in blood vessels). The clinician will set the machine to the appropriate wavelength – or filter – that will target the condition.
- Reduction of sunspots
- Reduction of melasma
- Promotes more even skin tone
- Lessens skin hyperpigmentation
- Decreases redness and rosacea
- Reduces appearance of acne/trauma scars
- Combats skin damage
- Pore size reduction
- Spider vein reduction
- More youthful appearance
- New collagen production
- Reduction of age spots
- Reduction of hair growth
- Hair thinning
- Less pigmented hair
- Treatment area will first be appropriately prepped by gently cleansing and exfoliating
- A light layer of sonic gel is applied on the skin
- IPL head is changed according to you skin need and depending on the area, the skin is treated in either gliding motions or single zaps
Treatment at a glance
Usually 30-60 minutes
Depends on area and type of treatment – from $20
Full result In few months (normally need multiple treatments to see the better result)
usually no downtime
We want you feeling like the best version of yourself
Our onsite doctor and specially trained cosmetic nurses ensure you are in safe and experienced hands.
Cosmetic Clinic in Pearcedale, convenient for Portsea, Sorrento, Blairgowrie, Rye, Flinders, Red Hill, Main Ridge, McCrae, Dromana, Safety Beach, Martha Cove, Mt Martha, Mornington, Mt Eliza, Frankston, Seaford, Langwarrin, Somerville, Tyabb, Botanic Ridge, Skye, Moorooduc, Baxter, Tyabb and all Mornington Peninsula & Melbourne's South East locals.